Personal project to improve my skills in rendering, modeling complex mechanical surfaces and unreal engine's blueprint.
Sounds integration was also done by me inside the editor.
The idea was to recreate this monument and make it looks brand new.
The central high poly statues were created from a very rough 3D scan and the resculpted.
The whole thing is render in Cycles with almost only physical & procedurial materials.
Professional work done for the Anki Engine.
The level shown here is rendered in Unreal Engine 4
Personal project. My attempt to create a Physicaly Based Shading in UDK (Unreal Engine 3) with parallax corrected cubemaps.
You can download the custom Unreal Script classes here.
High Poly modeling for an upcoming short film done with Florian Aupetit
High Poly modeling. Textures and render done by Florian Aupetit.
My goal with this rig was to create a simple yet effective rig for the needs of the short film. It includes "scriptless" ik-fk snap, more foot pivots, corrective blendshapes and arm twist control.
My first four leg creature rig. The chalenge was the hair. They had to be animated easily and the final animations had to be ready for looping. I wrote a python script for blender to easily create tentacle rig with procedural animation following this technique. I added a parameter to kill the animation at the beginning of the chain. That way the root of the hair chain will not move.
For my graduation film I decided to experiment with scripting UI in Maya. I did a panel for both characters containing all the features the animators needed. Theses features include : ik-fk snap, mirroring function, controlers visibility switches, floor snaping and pose library.
The pose library allows the animator to save the positions of the selected controlers and use this pose later on. The pose can be blended with the slider next to it. The poses are saved in an external file allowing animators to export libraries and import them.
The final film can be seen here.
Make sure you have MSVC2013 installed first.
Kindly provided by Marcelo Varanda. Supports OSX 10.6 and newer.
Searching for a volunteer/help to build a distrib-agnostic version. Please contact me.
!!! The build is still experimental but you can try and use it at your own risk !!!Link to the Blender Artist Thread
Note : The 0.1 build is quite different from the newest build and does not offers the same features. It's here in case you need those features.
This is a branch I developed to be able to previsualize and author PBR assets more easily inside blender.
Over the last years, I was seeing huge advancement inside the real time rendering field and was realy not happy with how blender was able to stand up for competition. As it is my primary DCC tool, I always wanted to have a better workflow with it.
I grabbed some codes from here and there, had massives headeaches trying understanding them but in the end managed to implement it in blender in a fashion that it looks very close to the render in Cycles. This was also my first C experience and working on a codebase that big.